Prof. Geert Leroux-Roels is an Emeritus professor of Ghent University, Faculty of Medicine & Health Science, founder and former director of the Center for Vaccinology (CEVAC) at Ghent University and University Hospital. He acts as a private consultant and keeps supporting CEVAC activities as clinical investigator and scientific advisor.
- Conducted more than 250 clinical vaccine studies at the Center for Vaccinology
- Supported the development of numerous vaccines among which vaccines against HBV, HCV, HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, pandemic influenza.
- Supported the development of novel adjuvants and adjuvant systems and studied the immunobiology of their actions
- Developed small animal models to study infections with HIV and hepatotropic viruses
- Professor Emeritus at Ghent University, Belgium (2017-Present)
- Founder and Director of the center for vaccinology, Belgium (1990-2017)
- Professor at Ghent University, Belgium (1976-2017)
- Member of the Belgian Royal Academy
- Sabin Prize for Vaccine Research (Laureate 1995-1996)
- Special Fellow of the Leukemia Society of America Inc. (1983-1985)
- Fogarty International Research Fellowship Award of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) (1981-1983)
- “Habilitation” in Clinical Pathology and Immunology, Ghent University, Belgium (1987)
- PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium (1981)
- Medical Degree, Ghent University, Belgium (1976)